Monday, March 15, 2010

The Kitchen


My friends, Joy and Chip, came to visit Denver this weekend. We had a great time eating, hiking, and seeing a great show. On Saturday, we hiked around Chautauqua in Boulder and ate lunch at The Kitchen. Chautauqua is a national landmark in the middle of Boulder with great hiking trails. They also offer lodging, concerts, a restaurant, etc. Find out more at http://www.chautauqua.com/. Back to the food...The Kitchen only offers food from local farms and the food is delicious. Joy and Chip are now vegetarians after reading the book, Eating Animals by Jonathan Foer, so this was a great option. They seriously made me think about my daily consumption of meat.
Anywho, the atmosphere in the restaurant is very cool with clean modern decorations. I love it! The picture is of our dessert of homemade donuts with a spicy chocolate dipping sauce. Joy decided to drink it ;), it was seriously that good. Find out more at http://www.thekitchencafe.com/.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...wish I had some of that delicious chocolate sauce to drink right now!

    Thanks for being a wonderful hostess last weekend--I love Denver, and you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate steak three times last week. Tell Joy and Chip it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete