Saturday, June 26, 2010

England

The flag


My attempt at artistic photography

Here Will and I are with a guard...playing it cool, as usual

Changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace...ignore the camera

My brothers and I in the eye of London..a huge Ferris wheel

The eye

I have been infected with World Cup fever....

Canterbury Cathedral

Stonehenge...my favorite sight so far

Toast,
Look I found you in London!!! England has been amazing so far...great food, nice accommodations! I do not recommend EVER renting a car in Europe..very confusing, frustrating, and scary. We have visited all the sights in London, went to Bath, a town in West England where ancient Romans went to visit the natural springs, Canterbury and now Stonehenge. We are heading for Brussels and then Amsterdam tomorrow...should be interesting with two teenage boys;/. Please forgive my lack of photography skills, I need your help with that. The weather is very nice here and it doesn't get dark until 10:30 pm...kinda weird. Everyone in England is very excited about the World Cup! I hope for a big victory tomorrow against Germany just to root for the home team. Good luck USA tonight! Heading to watch the game now. How is the fort? I miss you and can't wait to see you at the airport.
Love,
Malarkey

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mare - Are you going to be satisfied with a 5 day work week and no regular travel?? We are getting excited about Steamboat Springs and ready to feel the cool air. See you in Colorado next weekend!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these pics! I'll be there soon...wish we could have gone together :)

    ReplyDelete